Blog 3 Creativity

    Creativity needs space and time to make unexpected connections and see the world anew. One of the ways I choose to be creative is by taking photos. I enjoyed photography throughout highschool. The way that a camera could catch a fragment of time to be held forever was always so intriguing to me. I loved to spend my time in the dark room and think of other photo ideas that would follow the prompts our teacher gave us. I would also explore these concepts outside of class. I would love to shoot 35mm film on my grandpa’s old camera and wait for it to be developed when I was done. Sometimes the film would be exposed to light during the developing process. The leaked light would result in streaks of green and blue on the film and a lot of people would be disappointed when that would happen; I thought it added more to the photo. I thought the streaks would make a boring photo more interesting, colorful, and most of all: unique.

Comments