Blog 10

    Over this semester I feel that I have improved drastically and I have enjoyed myself very much throughout the course of this semester. I think that I have been able to make my introductions consistently good throughout the semester but I do feel as though they are much better now than they were at the beginning of the semester. I also feel that  my use of vocabulary has improved however I am not sure if it has reflected in my writing but it definitely has in my speaking.  I do feel more comfortable writing essays in all my subjects now and the thought of an essay is much less daunting now than it ever has been for me. One thing that I know I need to improve on is concluding my pieces of work. I always struggle to do so and that is why my conclusion is always different in my first draft compared to my final draft as I am able to focus purely on the conclusion for an extended period of time with a peer's feedback in mind.  I do still struggle with this.  In my project 3, I completely revised my conclusion and I found that I managed to make it extremely powerful and engaging but then looking back on it, I feel that I may have made it more impactful than my introduction which is something that I do not want. I believe that they should be equal and if not then the introduction should be slightly more powerful than the conclusion as that is what will draw my reader's attention and it decides whether they want to read the rest or not.

Comments