Blog 10

During this semester I have learned so many new things which I am truly grateful for. I have evolved so much as a writer thanks to this course. Coming from Sweden a couple months ago I struggled a lot during the first couple weeks. Mainly because classes, assignments, and speaking and pretty much everything has been in English. Which I have never been exposed to as much before. But being forced to learn everything in a language that I am not as accustomed to has forced me to listen and learn very carefully. I think this is a big reason for my learning and evolution. And to be more specific about what has actually contributed to my learning has probably been free writing. Being able to write freely without thinking really has made me a better writer. And to this day I am confident that I am a faster writer when writing in English than what I am in Swedish. Which is pretty crazy if you ask me. But that goes to show how impactful certain strategies are. Because when I write in Swedish I am always thinking about spelling and sentence structure. Whereas when I write in English I don’t really think because I know from the start that the language and spelling won’t be perfect. Making me more consecrated on content instead. And has also made me finish assignments much quicker than before.

Thank you so much for being such an awesome teacher during this semester!

Comments