Blog 10

        My growth as a writer has improved a lot I would say.  When I would do a project in high school, I simply went through the steps given to me.  I still do that, but now I make some more of my own interpretations towards the steps of the project.  I've been able to add my own check marks and add subcategories to the check marks also.  This doesn't sound that important, but it is important to my writing process.  If I can get things laid out for myself then I can't properly get what I want to say down.  If I don’t though, I end up being a huge disaster, and as for how well I say those things is a different topic.   Thus, leads me to what I can improve more, that is still in reality the whole process.  I need more of an in-depth vocabulary to portray what I want to say.  This in turn has me repeating myself quite frequently.  That then goes into the need for a better understanding of grammar, so I don't overuse certain punctuations or even use the wrong ones.  I constantly am using punctuations to make up for not knowing a lot of words which causes me to overuse them and use them in the wrong way.  While I have to understand punctuations better, I also must learn about sentence structure too.  Even if I have a smaller word bank to use, I could improve the way I use it.  I don’t fully understand how a sentence should be structured.  This has me operating at a lower level of writing than I should be. 

            So, to recap I did improve my writing a bit when coming to the requirements of a project, but I still have a way to go before I’m considered decent at writing.

Comments