Blog 10

Through this semester I’ve learned more than I did in my English High School classes. This semester has taught me long life lessons I’ll use to finish off college and my career if needed. First I’ll start with how effective freewriting has been during this semester. Freewriting gave me the ability to write thoughts down with judgment for the best raw version of the point you are trying to make in which you can go back and make tweaks. Freewriting also gives the ability to be creative; you just write anything you think of as you go. For example, when I did the timed free writing exercise I noticed how I had more creative ideas to work with. Lastly, this semester has taught me the importance of peer editing. I’m high school I did them and wasn’t a fan, and now I feel like they’re an important piece to my writing. It allows me to perfect my writing while helping someone Perfect there and it also gives you a chance to get another opinion on your draft which was the best part for me. Some areas I feel I still need improvement in such as writing and communicating as if I’m having an actual conversation. When reading an essay or any writing it’s more entertaining when it’s like a conversation and not just informative. In addition to communication, I need to improve my schedule. Doing things at the last minute makes the quality of the assignment worse than if I actually didn’t procrastinate so that’s something I’ll continue working on.

Comments