Blog 9

1.  Thesis: Macklemore's lyrics are not written to pay tribute to our society, but to make people wake up and realize where our society is heading. 


2. A. It does not say what problem we are facing, so no. It is really open for interpretation. As you read my text you fill figure out that it is about lifting gay culture and rights. I think it cashes the audience and gets people curious. That is why I chose this thesis. 

B. Yes, I would say that it is focused. I am using Macklemores statements and his vision with this song is very clear I would say. The way I try to strengthen his point on the importance of equal rights is by bringing examples from places where homosexual people do not have equal writes and are treated badly. 

C. It is definitely a controversial point. Even tho most people in America I would assume are for equal writes for gay people. There are always going to be people that do not share these values. This is the case in many other countries and religions where gay people are sadly not treated equally. 

D. It is supportive. I have news articles that support my claim for arguments and the main point of this text. 

E. Yes it is very important in my opinion. I believe in equal rights for everyone. 

F. It does have a condensed argument. But this is an area I will work on before handing in the final version. 


3. Religion should not decide over people's rights. 

I think this thesis would be a better one than the one in the beginning. I followed the thesis workshop guidelines and rather than removing what I wrote at first. I think I will rather include it in the introduction instead. 

Comments