Blog 9

Thesis: Cole's lyrics and the reviews of the scholars help explain how the song’s meaning is to tell the listener how their life is special. To be truly happy in life, Cole assures that there will always be something out there that is better than you have.


A) No it is not argumentative. My thesis is not arguing, but it is backing up my idea of why Cole sang and wrote Love Yourz. I could make an argument that Cole's lyrics can only be interpreted the way I am interpreting.

B) I do not think it is very focused. I like the second sentence of my thesis, I think I need to find a way to combine the points I am making. Keep it short and sweet.

C) I would say yes and no to it being controversial. I think it would be hard to make a good argument against my point because it appears to be the main reason behind his lyrics. One could try to make the point that Cole has achieved his goal of wealth, and maybe he could be

D) Yes it is supportable. The lyrics of the song and the supports of the scholars would help my point be backed up.

E) Yes, this is the primary point of the song, so it is very significant. I do not make a point of why I am arguing this point. I could try to say that it is worth making this point to show the true meaning of Cole's lyrics.

F) I think it has some direction to it, but I do not think it is the best thesis. I think I should try to make it more direct towards the reader.

3. In J. Cole's "Love Yourz," the lyrics used help embody the message that to be truly happy in life, one must be grateful for the blessings that are present in their life, not striving for what others have.

Comments