Blog 9

1. Thesis: 

 In my opinion, I believe that the most effective way that Taylor Swift relates to her listeners is through the matching of colors and different actions to certain emotions and the reasoning behind it all.

2.

A. This thesis is not argumentative because I am simply announcing a topic by stating that it is my opinion. I need to change this thesis to make an argument. For example, my argument could be that Taylor swift engages her audience by relating color to emotions and using other rhetorical elements.

B. I believe that this thesis is focused because it brings up one specific way that Taylor Swift engages her audience. I will not have to go over my word count or struggle to decide what to put and not put into my paper.

C. This thesis is not quite controversial and I don't really think that anyone could make a reasonable argue for it. To fix this, I could say that metaphors are the most important rhetorical element that Taylor Swift uses. This way, someone could make an argument that similes are the most important, for example.

D. My thesis now is definitely supportable. The evidence that will be required to support my claim will be the metaphors that were used and why they are significant.

E. The thesis as it is now does not explain why it is worth fighting for. However, I believe that the "why" is for Swift to engage with her audience and to build a good fan base. I will change my thesis to add this into my claim.

F. My thesis is directed because it says that Taylor Swift relates to her listeners and then it states how I will prove this. This is by explaining the matching of colors and the metaphor of it.

3. New Thesis:

In Taylor Swift's song "Red", she engages with her audience and builds a relationship with her fans by using metaphors to relate emotions of a human relationship to different colors.


Comments