Blog 9

 1. “Crush Culture” emphasizes hosociety’s fascination with crushes creates unachievable love expectations

2. A) At first, I interpreted my claim as argumentative, but ow that I am reading it back, I am pretty sure I am just stating the topic of my essay. To make it argumentative, I could add how "Crush                Culture" emphasizes hosociety’s fascination with crushes creates unachievable love expectations through the specific points I bring up in my essay. 

    B) I think my thesis is pretty focused. I think I can also argue and prove my thesis within the assigned length as well.

    C) I think my thesis is somewhat controversial. Someone could argue how since "Crush Culture" is about someone not in love, this song cannot really show how society's fascination with crushes develops unachievable expectations due to the perspective of the song.

    D) My thesis is supportable. The evidence that will be required to prove my thesis will be through the lyrics and relating them back to Conan's true meaning coming from his annotations. My thesis currently does not provide an accounting of this evidence.

    E) I think my thesis is significant. It points out an issue within society, and a major issue at that. The issue is also something Conan really struggles with and speaks about in his annotations, which I believe makes my thesis even more significant.

    F) I don't think my thesis is directed as of my first draft. It lays out my claim nicely, but it does not really show how I am going to prove my claim.

3. “Crush Culture” emphasizes hosociety’s fascination with crushes creates unachievable love expectations through the song's lyrics and through Gray's own interpretation of his lyrics

 


Comments