Blog 9 - Thesis

 1. The way in which this song is structured allows the listener to get a slight insight into the daily struggles of a famous music artist who seemingly ‘lives the dream’. The song takes the form of a therapy session which, in my opinion, is a fantastic way to present a message especially when it links directly to the writer and their respective life. The song also manages to create a layered story in which we can infer and begin to realize the hardships this artist is going through a whilst being only 4 minutes long. This is one of my all-time favorite songs due to the simplicity in conjunction to the depth of the message and it also allows listeners to know and understand that they are not alone through their struggles and how they are feeling may be much more common than they believe. 

2. My thesis is saying that Dave is living a life that is concealed and subsequently over looked due to his fame and success. And yes it does state a claim that can be disputed. I believe it is focused enough however I feel that it is scattered throughout the introductory paragraph which I don't necessarily think is a bad thing but it is definitely something to note. My thesis is controversial and one could argue that he is not living a life that is concealed by fame as he is open with his fans through social media and music where he shows the truth. It is very supportable and I use quotes of lines from within this song as they set up a discussion very nicely due to the depth of the lyrics. It is worth arguing for because Dave focuses his attention on something extremely important, mental health. I think I need to mention mental health in the thesis to support the point I just made. It is directed and I state the ways in which Dave achieves his goals and later go on to explain them.

3. The song takes the form of a therapy session which, in my opinion, is a fantastic way to present a message especially when it links directly to the writer and their respective life.  This is one of my all-time favorite songs due to the simplicity in conjunction to the depth of the message and it also allows listeners to know and understand that they are not alone through their struggles and how they are feeling may be much more common than they believe. He aims to bring awareness to the severity and importance of mental health and how it can affect anybody regardless of how it may appear on the outside.

Comments