Blog 9: Thesis Revision

1.     ThesisKehlani encourages self-love by using comforting, uplifting language and reiterating that to feel loved, you have to first love yourself.


2.     Answers:

a.     I think yes and no. In the last part of my thesis I think that it could be disputed, just not the first half. For the last half of my thesis I am arguing that to feel loved, you have to love yourself first.

b.     I do think that my thesis is focused. It is narrow enough to argue and prove for the assigned length.

c.     It can be controversial. For example, one could argue that it is not easy to just outright love yourself. 

d.     My thesis is supportable. The kind of evidence that would be required to prove my claim would be providing examples of the kind of language that Kehlani uses and how she uses it.

e.     It is significant because self-love is a huge topic that is frequently explored by many artists. The “why” is simply the fact that people are constantly dealing with insecurities.

f.      My thesis is not directed. It does not serve as a condensed argument. I tell my audience that Kehlani uses uplifting language, but I don’t say what kind. 


3.     New Thesis: Through the use of literary devices, Kehlani uses “Bright” as a way to uplift and provide reassurance to her audience.

Comments