Blog 8

When I am in the classroom, I tend to be very quiet and I don't speak out much. If I do speak, it is very quick and short just because I am a little bit anxious. This is very different from the way I speak in my everyday life. I'm very outgoing at work and at social events. In the classroom, I think people should speak more respectfully than they would maybe to a friend one on one. Nowadays, people get more offended or they are sensitive to certain subjects, so other individuals should be careful with their words. I think honestly in my opinion, whenever people are comfortable, they are going to speak the same way in any classroom. The same goes for if they are uncomfortable, they won't speak up. An example for a professor explaining what language is appropriate for that class would be my professor for my freshman class. She explained the first day that she is going to curse and she doesn't care if we curse. Most professors probably don't feel the same way. If I was talking to a friend over lunch, I would talk about things like my personal life or work or something, but I wouldn't talk about that in the classroom because I don't know everyone in the class and I wouldn't want them all knowing personal things about me.

Comments