Blog 10

 I have never felt like a very strong writer, but over the past year I feel like I have grown tremendously. Writing my college essay took forever and required me to put forth so much effort. While I grew doing this essay, I think I have grown so much more this first semester of my college life. I had several classes where I was required to write an essay every week. Constantly writing papers is important for growth with writing because the more you do something, the better you get at it. I feel that through this class I learned tricks and ways to increase the potential in my writing. At the start of the year we learned about the importance of developing and learning what makes us write best. For me, I write best when I am listing to my music, in a quite room, and usually when I am under some pressure from the due date rapidly approaching. I think that even though I may write better under pressure, I think this is something that I need to work on. I tried to work on this throughout the semester, but I still have not gotten the proper time management skills. One thing that helped me feel like I wrote better was the topics we were able to write about. In high school all of the essays I wrote were on very boring topics that required me to follow a certain format. Now, I get to write papers on memes and on a rap song! As I jut mentioned, in high school our English classes are formatted were we have to follow the introduction, three body paragraph, and conclusion format. This is a helpful idea for structing an essay, but now we do not have to follow that structure and it allows me to write more freely. 

Comments