Emmett Till

 Tyler Yarbough, is trying to end racism at his school, by carrying a bullet-ridden Emmett Till commemorative marker at a Confederate statue. Shows that Tyler does not want to have to go through the same problems that Emmett Till had to go through years ago. It is important for them to do so because it is a problem if they are still having racism issues at schools even after the Emmett Till incident long ago. Work is important for the broader Mississippi community to know that racism is still occurring, important for me to be open-minded and to try to understand where people are coming from in their perspective/point of view and to put myself in their shoes.

    Willie Williams preserved the legacy of Emmett Till by speaking out on it and informing people about the situation.It is important that Willie is doing this because people need to know what happened, so something like this does not happen again. Important for the Mississippi community because they need to know that it happened in their state, and it should not happen again. People need to be informed, so they can be better as a community and come together not be segregated. Important for me to know racism can happen anywhere at any time and to keep an open-mind about people and not judge them, encourage them and bring them together.

    Preserve the legacy of my work space by taking care of it and the people in it. Important for my identity because the place and I have a reputation and it is important for those to be a good reputation. Important for me to do this because I can help out people in the community, a broader community because if you help out on another and spread positive vibes in your space that can be spread outside of your space. Share the impact of this space/place beyond those immediately impacted by it by living it out in my everyday life. If I spread positivity vibes and help people out at work why not try it everywhere I go.

Comments