Blog 7

 The first photo that I chose is the photo of Ollie Gordon and Airickca Gordon-Taylor. These women are the cousins of Emmitt Till and they preserve his legacy by running the Mamie Till-Mobley foundation. I think that this is important because their activism has a big impact on the local area and spreading Emmitt Till's story/legacy. 

The second photo that I chose is the one of Tyler Yarbrough. Tyler got a confederate statue removed from his college campus. This is important because he said that it was a rallying point for white supremacist on his campus. This statue is also the location of a pro-confederate frat posing with guns. 

I think that I preserve the legacy of the space that I picked because, even though I live in central Illinois, I still continue to do certain things that would help the ocean (using less plastic, conserving water, etc.). I also try to spread this legacy by trying to get people to try them as well. or helping recommend things that they can do that can benefit the environment. I think that it is important for me to do this because it can only help. Anything that we do to help the environment like using a reusable water bottle instead of a plastic one, recycling, taking shorter shower, and so on all help even if you only do it every once in a while. I personally am a very environmentally friendly person except for a few things here and there and I feel that the more I can influence people to think of the environment when they go to the grocery store or when they throw away something the more I am doing to help. 

Comments