Blog 5


https://www.instagram.com/p/CUk_O1DFqX-/?utm_medium=copy_link


This meme is aimed towards golfers originally. But the message behind it could be applied to many other situations really. So basically there is a group of golfers around the world who value golf as their number one priority in life. They are called “golf heads”. These people, mostly men, do anything in their power to get out on the golf course to play with their buddies. Even though you might not be able to relate to this right now. Most of us will eventually have a wife or husband someday. But those who have a wife or husband often find themselves in a situation where golf interferes with their partner's will. Therefore when they ask if they can play usually over the weekend they have to be ready to go to war with their partner in order for them to get this opportunity, which this meme refers to. A man suited up in some sort of bomb disarming gear. The fun thing about this meme is that a lot of golfers feel the same way and can relate to this picture since their wives or husbands might not let them. For some of these guys this is a weekly struggle and that is what makes it kind of ridiculous. Since it's just golf. However I feel like this meme can be applied in other contexts. One thing that I could think about from my own experience is when I used to ask my mother for something. Especially if i could go out with my buddies usually later at night. I used to feel like I was in the same situation that this guy is in in this meme. Sometimes I felt like I already knew what the answer would be and that I was just waiting for a bomb to go off. Which is exactly what this meme applies to. Literally waiting for a bomb to go off. Another thing that I can relate to is this meme which I think many others can too. Is asking someone something when you already know what the answer is going to be. You know what to expect but you still dare to ask the question- Am I allowed? I think most of us can relate to this emotionally and also could think of a moment in time where something similar to this happened. Usually the gut feeling is true in most cases and especially in this case which probably ended up with you getting your ass whooped. In one way or another since the receiving end thought that this statement was so foolish in the first place. 

Comments