Blog 5

The problem that is being addressed in this meme is the fact that college students have a crazy busy schedule and it can be hard to manage sometimes. Of course, this can also be applied to anyone that is busy, not just college students. The point behind this meme is that having a crazy schedule can make someone seem like a Grinch, being angry and stressed. This message is in response to college students, like myself, having a hard time managing their schedules and letting it control their lives. The timing of this message for me, personally, is very significant since I am a freshman college student in my first semester. Since I am at this point in my life, this meme had more of a meaning to me because I could relate to it more than I would if I had found it, for example, in the summertime when I don't have a crazy busy schedule to attend to. This meme is obviously funny, as well, but that is not the only reason why I was drawn to this meme. I love The Grinch, and I relate to it more than I thought that I would. I honestly feel like I act like this when I have a lot of things to do. For one, I try to fit so many things into my day, like The Grinch is doing here. Also, The Grinch is very sad and overwhelmed here, which is how I tend to feel when I have to get a lot of things done. The author of this meme might even have the same perspective as the audience that they are trying to reach. Furthermore, if the author felt this way as well, it would make more sense that they would try to relate college students to The Grinch in terms of mentality. The author could feel like they relate to The Grinch and his busy schedule, and try to use this as a way to reach people who feel the same way as they do. The author is assuming that the author understands that The Grinch is an angry man who has a negative personality. They then correlate his personality to how a busy college student may feel or act when they have a busy schedule and not enough time to fit everything into it. This media probably circulated because a lot of people knew what the author was trying to get across and they were able to relate to it as well. 

Comments