My Writing Journal

 Zion Terrell

09/03/2021

My Writing Journal 
 

Did you know that if you're in a comfortable environment you’re able to get more work done? If you don’t have the perfect mood it could mess up the energy you have for your paper or any assignment of that matter. As a student the best way to succeed at anything is to have a game plan; by game plan I mean strategies. Different strategies help you overcome different obstacles so I suggest getting a few. For example, Everyone has their way of getting comfortable with their writing process but here’s mine.  
 

When I'm writing my paper I have to have snacks and apple juice just so that I don't have to keep getting up. When doing your work you tend to find any reason to get up and get distracted so try to get everything before you start working. Before writing anything I recommend having an outline. An outline is the best way to be prepared for any type of writing. Of course, when writing they're things that always tend to make me distracted, for example watching tv while doing homework, in my eyes it's impossible. But, they’re also strategies to use to have a good learning space. To have a nice writing session I like to be in a comfortable space like my bed. When I’m in My bed or the shower is when I get all my ideas. Most of the time I write my outline, type it on my phone, then edit it through my computer. That order helps me to be able to revise my paper. Also, it helps me because I'm not a reader that can read everything on a screen for a long amount of time so I try to switch it up. Some people say music distracts them but honestly, that’s the key detail in setting my mood. I like to listen to throwback R&b while doing any assignments to set the mood. 
 

When writing essays or letters specifically I have to be alone. When you're alone you're unlikely to get as distracted as you were if you’re out with a friend. Although writing a paper can be frustrating, find a way to calm yourself down. Sometimes when I find myself getting frustrated I take a break and give my fish's attention until I’m back calm. When writing you have to make a personal connection with whatever you're writing so that you’re able to better understand and elaborate what you’re writing most importantly your audience. Just imagine writing an essay on someone you don't know most likely what will happen is you won't be able to give a lot of information. So when I’m writing it makes me feel like I’m able to express how I feel because I make everything I write a personal connection to gain more interest. Also when writing things it makes me feel like I’m learning more information that I didn’t know and learning it my way! My attention span is 5 seconds short, so if you like me and need different strategies I recommend trying these out.


Comments