Blog 3

 Creativity needs space and time to make unexpected connections and see the world anew. One of the ways I choose to be creative is . . . 

By doing art. I love to buy a bunch of different coloring books and use different types of utensils to color. I use colored pencils, crayons, markers, and pens. I like books that I can just use random color schemes for without having to worry about using the write colors. I don't like to do my own art because I am not a great artist. I would rather have someone else make the art in black and white so that all I have to worry about is adding the color. Coloring makes me very happy and it is also very stress-relieving. It helps me to express my favorite colors and color pretty pictures. I have coloring books that are animals, some are quotes, and some are flowers. Sometimes, I copy off pages from these books and give them to my kids at work. They love coloring too, most of the time, and it's nice to be able to share them. I like markers the most because I feel like they are the neatest thing to color with. Crayons break very easily and it is harder to stay inside the lines with them. Colored pencils are good, too, but they just don't color very dark and they often need sharpened. I am waiting for ideas to come. I also do Diamond Dots, which takes forever but it is extremely satisfying to see all of the sparkly dots come together to create a picture. They are also sort of expensive, so I have only finished one of them. It was a picture of sunflowers, which are one of my favorite things. It is hanging up on the wall in my room and I love looking at it. I am in the middle of doing another one, which is an "under the sea" theme. It has fish, sea turtles, bubbles, seaweed, and a lot of sparkling blue water. I don't know where I will put this one, but it is very cool so far. My time is almost up and I am thinking of what else I should write. I have tried doing coloring apps on my phone, but it truly is just not the same as physically coloring a real picture. I am waiting for some more ideas. Painting is fun too, but I never do it. Probably because I don't have the resources or time for it. I also don't like to have to wait around for the paint to dry.

Comments