Blog 3 - Manjarrez

 Set a timer for ten minutes and without pausing respond to this prompt: Creativity needs space and time to make unexpected connections and see the world anew. 


One of the ways I choose to be creative is through photography. Growing up I’ve always had an admiration for photography. Especially travel photography. I think it's beautiful that moments from all over the world can be captured through a lens and shown to others. I thought about becoming a photographer but I didn’t really see it as a stable career. At least not for myself because I don't consider myself a great photographer. I like to take pictures of nature and my surroundings. Since I live an hour away from Chicago, I would take the train with my friends and/or family to explore Chicago a little more every time we visit. I have lots of pictures of the beautiful buildings and scenery that Chicago has to offer. I hope to one day be financially stable enough to travel to other cities and beautiful places to capture photos like the ones I admire on social media now. I will always use photography as way to be creative and thanks to my high school photography teacher, Ms. Gonzalez, she taught a lot about angles and how to capture a specific location through multiple perspectives. I want to start posting more photography and fall in love with it again because to be completely honest, I haven't shot anything in months. I had to focus on other “adult” things and forgot how happy taking pictures made me.


Comments