Blog 2

        My emoji experience is extremely low, because my emoji use is basically nonexistent.  It's not that I dislike emojis, but rather I don't really need them, because I have no social media.  I text in the simplest way to convey my message and like to call people rather than message them.  This doesn't mean that I don't use emojis.  They are fun sometimes at least until I can't find what I want.  Besides my rather embarrassing confession, I have seen emojis be of great help, fun, and entertainment.  For people that are better at deciphering pictures than sentences it helps them understand what is being said.  This helps the communication with people that have trouble reading.  Emoji's also have helped people communicate more feelings into their texts, messages, and emails.  Whether it is more negative, positive, or another emotion it lets people express themselves more. For example, if you're telling a friend a story over text, you can add emojis to convey how you felt at certain parts, or if you said one thing and the other person thought you said something else, you can show what was meant and thought with an emoji.  This also encompasses emojis as a form of entertainment.  With riddles made of them, accidental mess ups by using the wrong emoji, or creating a game out of stringing them together. They have increased the communication of people over the internet.
        Now on the other hand emoji's can be hard to wrap your head around and cause confusion.  This is very problematic when it comes to people trying to be sly or convey an alternative/ hidden message.  For example, if you are trying to get someone over and send an array of emojis along with it, it can be confusing, and make people believe one thing when you meant another.  From getting something on the way over, being home alone and hanging out, to doing the BOOM BOOM*, or hosting a party that wasn't supposed to happen.  The miscommunication that can come from emoji's can be hurtful to someone and hurt relationships between people.  This is also possible through regular words but can be even greater with emoji's.  Once again even if you say what you want to say properly an emoji can mess up your message.
        The emoji that is used "a lot" is 😁.  I like using it when making a smartass comment, yet nothing would be lost in translation or picturing without it.  This is due to me not really using emojis in my text, so no one really texts me with emojis.  


2 minutes late sorry
*BOOM BOOM = sex

Comments