Blog 2: Using emojis

            So I am not an avid user of emojis, but I do use them. I also don’t text very often either. I would rather talk in person or maybe even a phone call, but that’s beside the point. I use emojis when I feel that they are necessary. For example, I know that I can be more expressive in person, but through text I can seem sarcastic and not so lively, so that calls for the use of emojis. I like to stick with the basics or the ones that I can understand the best. Those emojis include 😂😍😡🤗, etc. Also, I only stick to the smiley face emojis rather than the people emojis because the smiley emojis are more expressive.

           I actually have a few favorite emojis and they are 🥰☺. The first two emojis are ones that I use when I receive compliments and want to show thanks to the person that complimented me. I also like way that the smiley emoji with the three hearts looks, it’s adorable. The plain red heart to me is self explanatory. I use it when I am telling someone that I love them and now that I think about it I use it sometimes to show thanks as well. I can say that the people that I communicate with through text messages use these emojis the same way that I do. 

           I think without the use of emojis understanding tone and being able to express yourself will be lost from the conversation. For instance, if I wasn’t able to use emojis I know that my tone would be misinterpreted. If you were to know me in real life I can sometimes come off as mean or not interested. I don’t have to explain what I mean in a text when I have emojis to accompany it, which in the end makes everything easier. Also, emojis allow you to express yourself more and it can make the conversation run a lot smoother.

Comments