Blog 2: Emojis

 For me personally, I do not really know how to text. I feel like I am naturally a sarcastic person and my tone may come off as bad if I say something in a text and the person reading it cannot read it in the tone that I meant for it to be read in. To help with this I tend to use emoji's a lot. I use laughing emojis to show that I am not mad and I find it funny, the skull emoji I use ironically to show that something went bad, and I also use the sparkle emoji to show I am trying to be sarcastic and what I am saying is not something mean. This is only a few emojis that I use but I hope you get the point. I feel like the way I use emoji's is probably not what their intended use is but some people my age on the internet would probably agree that the meaning I mentioned above are the meaning for these emojis. I know that some people are against emojis and find them annoying but I find that they help with the tone of the text that the reader is reading. When you are reading a text that, in my opinion, is small (for example, a text message or a caption on a post) it can be difficult to understand the tone of the message. Using emojis in writing is a great way to mimic our bodies and gestures when we speak. 

Comments