blog 1

When writing, my surroundings are almost always the same. There's always the bed I sit on, the computer I type on. There's some empty cans that reflect light in my eyes when the sun hits them just right. My dog might start snoring, or running in her sleep. The curtains are closed, the only thing that gets through would be the sounds of the outside. Either the soft gentle breeze of the leaves in the wind, or the calming, rhythmic rain, or occasionally the neighbor yelling at something. The fan above provides a soft breeze in the summer, and a heater provides comforting warmth during winter. A glass of cold water wakes me up when sleepy, and hot tea keeps me calm when thinking about due dates. Music may be present, but only if I feel like reaching for the headphones on the dresser. There's typically never a time where I feel like writing, only pushed by a grade, so I can recognize that my writing can feel uninspired and empty. What keeps me concentrated is some sort of background noise, the t.v., music, rain. Sometimes my family will need my to take care of something, like chores and whatnot. It usually throws off whatever rhythm I might have had, and it takes a bit to recover my train of thought. My bed creaks from the slightest movement, and that can be very distracting when in an agrivated mood. When tired, the screen can burn the eyes. I'll want to take a break, but can't because of my procrastination that has lead to a situation where that isn't possible. Frustration builds when I feel like I'm almost done with an assignment, only to see the word count and wonder how it's that low with all the thoughts that have passed. However, in the same regard, relief sets in when not as much time has passed as previously thought. A sense of serenity sets in when isolated with only your thoughts to talk to and your words to read. That feeling can quickly fade into any number of other emotions when thinking about the situation. Having a promt to guide is always appreciated, but sometimes can be frustrating when I can't keep a line of thought going for more than five minutes. Having to express myself for extended periods of time and thought is a foriegn experience for me. I like things being clear cut and blunt. Having to write a certain and think a certain way takes more effort. Writing introductions and closures also takes more effort. I'll usually have a vision for what my main body will like. Having to visualize what leads up to that, and what compliments it as a proper ending is more of a challenge. I sometimes find myself unconsciously touching my face and beard. It's an instinctual habit that I don't know how or where it started, and was only brought to my attention when having to be aware of what happens during writing.

Comments