Blog 1

When I'm doing a writing assignment there are a few things that actually help me focus on what I'm writing or that helps me write. I like to have the TV on and my phone nearby and FOOD! Having the TV one best helps me focus because it gives my mind a little bit of space while trying to do an assignment. I need that bit of space to get my mind rejuvenated. Writing used to be so easy to me and I could write anything that came to my mind, but as soon as I got older and my mind started to develop more, it was actually my mind that distracted me. My mind goes onto so many different topics when trying to write so it takes me hours just to do a writing assignment. My mind gets distracted with negativity and things that I am afraid of to come in the future. It takes me a while to get back focus because the negativity blocks everything in my mind. My only way of getting back focus is taking a break from my actual assignment or listening to music. When I write I like to be alone. There can't be anybody in the room with me or even if I'm in an open space there can't be anyone around me. It makes me nervous when people are around me while I'm writing because I tend to write my thoughts down or my feelings. I feel as if people watch me while I write or look closely to what I'm writing. I don't let anyone read my writings because they are mostly how I am feeling at the time and I wouldn't like anyone to see how I'm really feeling. Sometimes when I write I get so deep into it I start to cry lol. I am a really emotional person. I have to be in my room writing. I feel as if when I was younger I could write my heart out. Like I could write anything I put my mind to! I used to really love writing and all my writings was the best! As I got older the love for writing started to die down because life started to hit me hard. It used to be my getaway from life, but now I can't seem to even focus on my writing for 5 minutes. I hope as I progress with this reading class I become back passionate with my writing and become a better writer. Maybe with writing I can be myself again. When I did write I felt like myself and brought me to peace. I want to get that feeling again to where when I write I can feel like myself and feel as if I am at peace. Writing can also be an escape from reality. There are so many things that writing can be used for to help benefit you in a good way. I hope everyone uses writing for an great escape because it really helps in the long run.

Comments